Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Open for business

I am a woman-owned business!

I registered my name and filled out mountains of paperwork, got a federal employer id number, and went through all the state channels, and I am now officially a Business Woman.

With these important numbers in hand, the world is open to me. I can fill out important insurance documentation with a sense of authority. I can visit Costco in the early hours. I can deduct my cell phone for the business expense it is. I can put three little letters (LLC) after the name of my business on the new business cards I will surely need.

It was all much easier than I expected, and I'm surprised at the amount of perks that have and will come from so little effort.

It's a new world. My business, Labor of Love LLC (or, as I now think of it: LOL, LLC -- hehehe), is now officially open.

ETA: Overheard at the city office while applying for said license:
Elizabeth, to another girl: I'm in the second grade!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! We are so proud of you! This opens up so much for you. You go girl!!
MOM

Cynthia said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! You do a great job with it...