Monday, April 7, 2008

We have mad haiku skillz.

We (my family, Than, Susie, Lance, and Mandy) spent much of the weekend playing Robert Surprise, where each person writes a line in a haiku. Here are some of the gems resulting from our game:

"Cheerio, old sport!"
Ironic, considering
redneck upbringing.

Keep the ole chin up,
You undead rebel soldier.
It's Taco Tuesday.

Innocence was here,
but left before I caught up.
D'you have her number?


These are the ones I can remember, though there were many, many more good ones.

Since I'm recording them, I want to commemorate what I consider the best haiku, written in one of the first rounds of this improvised game, many years ago. Mindy and Susan deserve two-thirds of the credit, and I can't remember the third author:

Weevils in the wheat;
Must be a hundred of them.
Sounds like Rice Krispies.

No comments: