Saturday, November 29, 2008

This does not seem real. Jennifer, my sister-in-law. I miss her.

Jennifer Alene Gilbert


GILBERT, Jennifer Alene Brown

Jennifer was born June 6, 1974 and passed away suddenly on Monday, November 24, 2008 at the age of 34 in Sacramento. A Sacramento resident all her life, she is survived by her beloved husband, Troy, and three loving children, Makenzy, age 7, Kacy, age 5, and Jake, 9 days old. She was preceded in death on February 23, 1994 by her mother, Sherrill L. Miller. She is survived by her father, Bradd Brown and stepmother, Ann Brown of El Dorado Hills; stepparents, Norm and Cynthia Miller of Fair Oaks; brothers, Kurt (Katie) Brown of Provo, UT, Brian (Jennifer) Miller of Roseville, Steven Miller of Fair Oaks; father and mother-in-law, John and Susanne Gilbert of Orangevale; brother and sister-in-law, Chris and Naomi Gilbert of Rancho Cordova; and numerous step-brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, and other close family members whom she loved and who loved her dearly. Jennifer graduated from Bella Vista High School in Fair Oaks where she was active in cheerleading and student activities. She held several jobs as an event coordinator in the hotel industry, Jennifer married her high school sweetheart in June 2000 and became a wonderful, loving mother to three children. Jennifer valued her family relationships above all else and she was devoted to her husband, children, parents, brothers and her large extended family. She had a joy for life, loved keeping family traditions, and was an understanding and supportive friend to many. Her good-natured, sweet, and down-to-earth attitude made her easy to talk to. Jennifer also found great joy in her service for the LDS Church where she worked in the Primary and Relief Society Organizations. She will be deeply missed by her family and friends. Words cannot express our profound grief at the loss of Jen, beloved wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend. Services will be held at 11:00am on Saturday, November 29, 2008 at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 5505 Hackberry Ln, Sacramento, CA 95841. Interment to follow at Sierra Hills Memorial Park, 5757 Greenback Lane, Sacramento, CA. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Jennifer Gilbert Children's Trust at Bank of America. Arrangements by East Lawn Mortuary 916-732-2020.

4 comments:

Linds said...

Jen, what a shock for your family... I am so sorry. I am so thankful for your amazing attentiveness during my labor and birth, even with such pressing family things going on for you! "thank you" just doesn't seem to suffice. I hope that your family is all able to feel the Spirit and Heavenly Father's love at this time... it's so hard sometimes to make sense of why some things happen, but I really do believe there is a greater plan, a greater perspective that one day we will see. Anyway... my heart goes out to you... I love you so much and am so grateful for all that you have done for me!

Cynthia said...

Oh, my, that sounds so sad. So young, and those young children...

Missy said...

Robert, Jenn, my heart goes out to you both and your family. You are in my prayers. We love you.

Anonymous said...

I am a little late in getting to the system. As I have said, I am very sorry for the loss of a loved one. Times like this make (allow??) us to appreciate what we do have. I have the best daughters in the world!! and amazing and beautiful granddaughters anyone can imagine!!! And, 2 of the most terrific son-in-laws (ok, so Will is almost a son-in=law..) I consider myself very LUCKY!!

We got a very lovely thank you card from Roberts parents.again, if there is anything I can do, please let me know.
I love you
MOM