Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Limerick madness returns to California

Me, my sister, my mother, Lance, and Mandy played the limerick game (each of us wrote one line of a limerick and then passed it, wrote the next line, and so on, until all five poems were finished). Great group!! We came up with some gems:

A blowfish came out of the sky
When a starfish hit him in the eye.
The blowfish cried "Ow!
The rules don't allow
for eye hits," he said with a sigh.

Dress ruffles collect all the crumbs
So do beards and pockets and gum.
When I shake out my shirt
And start my dessert,
My day's collection goes into my tum!

This one is my personal favorite:

The two girls wanted to bake a cake
With lots of sprinkles, for goodness sake!
Sugar high was the goal,
For the night, as you know,
Is sweet when you spend it awake.

Great stuff!

1 comment:

jennifer b clark said...

those are great. what a fun idea- i'm going to have to try that.