Thursday, December 17, 2009

Getting Santa-mental

I am in complete agreement with my friend Melissa. I can't stand Santa. Santa isn't welcome in our house. Our kids have always known where their gifts actually come from, and they are the ones telling other people's children that "There IS NO SANTA!" (In my defense, I try to temper that last part, out of consideration for the parents and their right to choose the moment of their children's realization of betrayal.)

In the spirit of that sentiment, I'm thoroughly enjoying the following:


And, really, which Santas aren't sketchy??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The link is AWESOME! And deeply disturbing...

Kathryn said...

How sad for you...and your friend...and your kids. I think being extreme either way is well, extreme. Just let it be what it is...

Kathryn said...

***said in a lighthearted tone***

Mellissa said...

I like Santa. And I even believe that he exists, somewhere, in some form. I DO understand why you would choose not to let Santa into your home. But I never really felt any kind of betrayal when I learned the truth about Santa. On the contrary, I felt an even bigger appreciation for all that my parents had done for me over the years. I think that Santa is a fun game, and a nice concept (giving gifts anonymously, or without expecting anything in return) as long as you don't take it to the extreme, and as long as you don't forget, or let your children forget, what Christmas is really about.