Here's why it was awesome:
- Tons of food! And since it was all overpriced fair food, we didn't feel the need to overindulge.
- We even had vegan options this year (if by "vegan" you mean "kettle corn" and "cotton candy").
- Music from the stage drifted over the crowd the entire time.
- We even got a Michael Buble cover! Granted, it was from a youthful a capella sextet and not Muse, but it was still Buble.
- No Vampire Weekend here, but I saw at least two young girls wearing t-shirts of that vampire movie. (And it WAS the weekend.)
- Entry was free instead of $300.
- The cost of water at the Kite Festival was half as much as it costs at Coachella!
- Kites, instead of people, were flying high.
- There were tons of jump houses. Tons!!
Really, we had a blast. I don't miss not going to Coachella at all.