Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of School!

Ready to leave! One had her first day of kindergarten, and the other her first day of preschool:


Elizabeth the kindergartener, done with her first class:


No one sufficiently warned me what a basket case I would become during the weeks leading up to this. It's not so much about how she's growing up -- after all, this is Elizabeth, who has never really been little. Kindergarten seems about two years late for her. No, it's more that I have a lot of wariness about my child being in a public school. It can be brutal. If there's anything I want to protect my little girls from, it's the relentless teasing and constant feeling of not belonging that accompanied my public school experience. I know it's not likely that my daughter will have the same problems I did. But I am still paralyzed with worry, just in case.

Thanks again to Elizabeth's teacher, who knew exactly what to give to the parents on their child's first day:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Elizabeth's pose - a natural model!! Thet both look ready for school -- what angels!!