Friday, September 19, 2008

Attending Births Cures Migraines

...and other unexpected things I've recently discovered:
  • A good cure for not wanting more children is to watch your children get older. With one in kindergarten and the other just turned 4 years old, my reluctance to sit by and allow my little ones to grow up has hit me. Hard. We are still in the magical stages of childhood, and I don't want to leave it. Not yet. The only way to prevent that from happening is...have another child. Cripes!

  • You can open a bank account in 15 minutes, if 5 minutes into the process you get a phone call that your client is dilated to 6 centimeters.

  • "It could be worse" stories always have the opposite effect on people: they feel worse, not better, after hearing how much harder other people's circumstances are.

  • And, finally, going to births cures migraine headaches. I had a migraine for two days when I got called by a laboring woman this morning. A few minutes after I arrived, I realized that my head felt absolutely fine. I've felt great ever since.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you were able to get your migrane under control, but 2 days is too long to be suffering. Don't you have anything to take for them? You could be over a migrane in 1/2 hour (vs 2 days and a new baby).
I also wished I could keep my girls young, but there is also the thrill of seeing them grow and be the women I hoped they would be. And start their own families and continue to grow and learn and teach.
Love you!!
MOM