Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dr. Seuss week

This week Elizabeth's school has been celebrating Dr. Seuss.  Today was Dress Up day, and working through my sleep-deprived fog and total lack of preparedness, I managed to whomp up the following:



Looped braids and homemade antennae.  Not a great Cindy Lou Who, but certainly a passable one, and she sure looked cute (except, in this picture, she is both flinching from the flash and getting pressured to get out the door to school).  Every time I looked at her, I thought she was just adorable.  

Angela has antennae also, but since only one girl in our household had her hair combed or done at ALL today, no photographic evidence exists of hers.  Not yet.

And besides, the little one informs me that she is a butterfly, not a Who.

Still, I'm fully in the Seuss spirit.  Here is a snippet from my very favorite Seuss book:

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.  And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.



So, with our heads full of brains and our shoes full of feet, I say...

Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh the places you'll Go... (one of McKenna's very very favorites!)

Crazy Herb Girl said...

I love the hair! I would never have the patience..., nor is their hair long enough :-)

Anonymous said...

she so looks like Cindy Lo Who - right down to the smile :)
Love it
MOM