Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Limerick Attack

Five of us -- me, Than, Susie, and our good friends Chris and Sarah -- created these little gems:

To the moon and then back just once more
This time we'll settle the old score
Just me and my honey
I've bet all our money
That we'll need to ask directions for sure.


The radiance of the moon, in lumens
Is not too hard to construmens
I contemplate snow
And how it doth glow
I give up! This limerick's in ruins!


"I'm sorry!" he said with a start
"But I must stop eating my tart."
My stomach is swelling
And I don't mind telling
That the gas that I'll pass's off the chart.
(note that the author of the last line didn't use the obvious -art rhyme, but got the meaning across just as clearly.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I think you all should colaborate on a book!! or atleast keep a diary of these.
Good job.
Love you
MOM