Saturday, February 20, 2010

I love deviations of THIS kind...

So, a post unrelated to books! I can't talk about books right now anyway.

From tonight:

Elizabeth, reading her fortune from a fortune cookie:
"'There are big changes ahead for you.' Aw, that's true all the time."

Conversation with Angela:
Me: "Thanks for helping me make dinner, honey."
Angela: "I'm made for helping! I'm like a maid, only I'm not old enough to be a maid yet."

And, while I was working on my Statistics homework, creating endless graphs and charts and finding all kinds of standard deviations, Elizabeth was quietly working on this:



It shows the order in which she ate some M&Ms, and...


...this shows the frequency of each color.

I had no idea what she was doing. It was completely independent on her part. (Note the legend!!)

I could tell you the standard deviation, but...I think I'll wait for Elizabeth to tell you herself. In a year, when she starts studying it.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

so hilarious about elizabeth...little smartie.
btw...I can't believe how fast you read books! How do you do it?

SusieQ said...

ditto to the previous comment!

jenn said...

Elizabeth amazes me. The other day she figured out how to subtract with negative numbers, in her head. o.O We didn't teach her this!

And, as far as reading, I love the kinds of books I've been reading. And having something to procrastinate (like math and statistics) has been great, too. This weekend, while alternately doing and avoiding a Stats test, I finished two more books. I really think it's all about motivation. :)