Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day!

It's Pioneer Day! For me all that means is an extra 4th of July, since there are celebrations and fireworks in the evening. It's a big plus, living in Utah.

This morning we got up early to head to the church for breakfast, bike riding, and games.

The girls had spent much of the afternoon of the day before, decorating their bikes. They were quite proud of their work. Each bike had crowns, flowers, and lots of pink ribbons.





Riding down the street:



Eating breakfast:





Elizabeth stopped to help Angela fix a flower that had fallen off her bike. Every decoration was held in its place with tape, and it sometimes didn't work too well:



Playing games! All kids five years old and under had a race. Angela would start running as soon as she heard "...Set..." and it gave her some advantage.



Lovely Elizabeth:



Two beautiful girls:



None of the pictures I took caught this, but the kids had a hopping race. Elizabeth and Angela held hands the entire time. This picture was taken during the break between laps. They didn't let go...



...because they love each other!



Elizabeth and her friend Kirsten getting ready for the three-legged race:



They didn't win for speed, but they certainly had the highest level of caution:



There are many pictures I didn't include. They're in the album below.
Pioneer Day

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Your girls are so darling! I love the pictures of them holding hands and hugging! I'm also glad you made it this morning. Emmett went back to bed after his morning feeding so I did too!

SusieQ said...

Jenn, your girls are so beautiful. Sometimes just looking at their faces gives me such joy I feel like crying. I don't know why that is. I don't have those feelings for all my nieces and nephews.