Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still here!

I'm still here!  I've been suffering from an extended illness, which, I think, is finally on its way out.  Good riddance.  Sheesh.

What I've been doing while under the weather:


Getting rid of other viruses...the computer kind. I've never had anything that's immobilized my system and made me format & reinstall, and now I have that wonderful experience. Thanks, über-organized crime rings.


Gathering supplies for my Childbirth Ed class.  I am now the proud owner of a knitted uterus, one of the best tools for teaching how the muscles of the uterus stretch and push babies through the cervix.  (Mine doesn't look like the one pictured, but isn't it cool?)


We are gearing up for a very important birthday. My firstborn is turning 6! SIX!! There must be a support group for this kind of thing, right? The last time I asked her what she wants for her birthday she said, "Kittens!" Huh. It'll be a dark day when kittens come into our family.


I have tried and tried to convince Angela that despite the song, popcorn does not grow on trees. She's a defiant little girl, though. Today, without asking or consulting me, she planted a popcorn seed in the front yard.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

haha- I couldn't see the last picture, so I'll have to check back later but I like Angela's stubborn streak...
Sorry about your illness, and I think a knitted uterus would be an awesome visual, I'd really like to see it... next time I'm pregnant I mean.

Cynthia said...

I laughed when I saw that uterus... Glad you're doing well now. I've been sick for a while too, but not as long as Max, he's been sick for a month!

Anonymous said...

A knitted uterus??!!! What will they think of next? Good for the visual, but knitted... :O
We laughed out loud when we read about the popcorn seed planting. What a joy!! Bet you will be amazed when you see the tree growing. Such high hopes..
A kitten?? hmmm, let me see what I can do about that
Love you
MOM

jenn said...

NONONO! NO kittens! We already have two little monkeys -- we don't need anything more!!

You can find knitting patterns to make your own uterus. The way the yarn stretches around the baby and shows how the muscles work is really visually helpful. In my class we're going to start using it tonight -- "I can't leave my uterus at home" -- the jokes are endless.

It reminds me of when I was in high school and wanted to name my pet dog Kidney, just so I could say "I'm taking my kidney for a walk." Ah, juvenile humor...