Friday, January 18, 2008

Bedtime conversation

Eliz: Dad, I want milk!

Dad: Eliz, do you know what manners are?

Eliz: Um, yes...We use manners at school...We say "please" and "thank you."

Dad: That's right. We use our manners to be polite and kind to each other. It's a good way to behave. Can you tell me how you can use your manners and be good right now?

Eliz: Don't fight with my sister.

Angela: We hug each other.

Eliz: And we smile.

Dad: That's right, but how about when asking for milk?

Eliz: I want milk!

Angela: I want milk, too!

Dad: How can you be nice?

Angela: We don't hit!

Eliz: We love each other.

Dad: Can you say "please"?

Eliz: Please!

Angela: Pleeeeeaaase!

Dad: For what?

Eliz: For getting me milk.

Angela: I want milk!

Dad: Can you put those two things together?

Eliz: Please for getting me milk!

Angela: Please, can you get me some milk, Daddy?

Dad: That's right...say "please"...

Eliz: Please!

Dad: Ask the question while saying "please."

Eliz: Please, can you get me some milk, Daddy?

Angela: Please, can you get milk, Daddy?

Dad: Yes, sweeties, I'll get you some milk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I left a comment earlier, but it does not appear to have gone thru. I like the comments. These girls are waaayyyy too cute!! We were actually looking for "LISTEN TO ME!!" we still crack up on that one :)
I like the way Robert tries to reason with them. They are definitely keeping you guys on your toes.
We love these messages...
MOM