Monday, February 18, 2008

Dream interpretation

Two nights ago I had a dream. It was obviously very symbolic, of the type that Joseph himself would have recognized as full of meaning. Unfortunately I'm not certain of its intentions. I ask you for your input.

I was in the kitchen of a home that my husband and I had just purchased. I was trying to get settled in and my children and mother-in-law were nearby. I was loading the dishwasher.

Across from the dishwasher, in a large island (of the cabinet variety), was another dishwasher. This one had been broken for some time, but the previous owners, rather than replace it, had simply installed a new one. The task of removing it fell to us, the new owners.

I walked around to the other side of the island and opened what looked like a double cabinet. It was, in fact, another broken dishwasher. And two doors down from it was yet another one.

Four dishwashers, only the most recent one was functional. Each one had been set in to replace a broken one, a pattern which left frustration and wasted space. I opened the last dishwasher and saw that it was nearly full of pots and pans; they appeared clean and I was a little pleased to have gained some more kitchen cookware.

What does this sound like to you? What's your interpretation of this rich, profound dream of appliances?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not real good about interpreting someone else's dreams, usually just my own. But, here is what this feels to me, you are going thru some changes and still have the residuls of changes you have already gone thru. The new house and dishwasher are the new changes; the 'broken' washers are from your history, but you have not moved them out, yet. The clean dishes are the new inner-changes.
These changes are all around you, not limited to your mind, but physical as well. The house and your family are also receiving insights into your feelings.
The previous owner is you, but you are feeling slight overwhelmed because you still have to remove the broken (or old) issues (the comment about "moving it fell to us") gives me the feeling that you are wanting to move on, but have 'broken' ideoligies that you need to remove or move out.
BTW, dishwashers are cleaners....
Love ya
MOM