Friday, December 12, 2008

Good questions!

Elizabeth, who has unexplained insight into my deepest fears:
"Mom, do robots know everything?"


This week I am fighting off a sinus infection. I didn't know you can get those from crying, but evidently you can. I couldn't tell for a long time that it was there, because of all the crying, but once I started feeling better, it was painfully obvious.

So I'm on a regimen of antibiotics and other fun stuff. Angela asked me about the medications I'm taking, and I explained to her about how antibiotics kill the germs and decongestants clear out the mucus, "and this one is a pain reliever."

Her question:
"What does a penguin-leaver do?"

How in the world do you keep a straight face? I'm not sure I'm even going to try anymore.


Elizabeth has a box-decorating project for school, so she and her sister have spent a lot of time adding their own personal touches to the largest box we could find. I've also spent an unexpectedly large amount of time trying to convince one or the other (but mostly the younger one) that no, they cannot sleep in the box, no matter how many blankets they've put in it.

Last night they were both sitting in the box, and I told them to lay down and cuddle up like puppies (it was startling how much they looked like puppies when they did). Then I closed the box and said I was shipping them to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Did they protest? Nooo:

"Are we going to live there??"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't remember if it was you or josie but one of you when you were little called Foghorn Leghorn
"Froglegs Acorn"....

Your long lost Aunt Karen

Kathryn said...

Funny! Kids say the funniest things eh? It'll be fun keeping up with you on your blog.
I'm so sorry to hear about your sis in law too...how tragic.