Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Nothing happens by accident"...unless you're 5

We went to Snow Canyon, because it was blanketed in snow. We were going to play and take lots of pictures there.

It was beautiful.



The snow brings out lovely details in the rocks.



The above picture was taken moments before Elizabeth shouted, "I NEED TO GO POTTY!" Of course, I'd already passed the only restrooms, the snow was piled high on each side of the road, making turning around dangerous at best and in most places simply impossible, and I wasn't about to leave any yellow snow in the park. So we left. It was slow-going. The north end of the park was unplowed and treacherous.

But on the way home, I saw some amazing scenery. Look at how low these clouds are:







We ended up driving right into these clouds, which scared the kids, who instantly thought we were nowhere near home. Driving through fog does strange things to your perceptions. It felt like a lot longer to me, too.

Car accidents were avoided. The other kind of accident, though. was not completely averted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you need to stop by the side of the road... Atleast no car accident. Beautiful pictures, tho
Love
MOM

Cynthia said...

Those roads sure look trecherous... hehehe...

jenn said...

Hey, now, I wasn't taking pictures when the roads were bad! Later, when the roads were all snowy, I was white-knuckled and unable to pull over to take any pictures. :P

And, Mom, how do you think Eliz would have responded to taking care of her business outside in the wind and snow? I don't know, but I have the feeling that would have been much worse.