Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gifts masquerading as landscape

We had a birthday party for Than on Monday evening.

My job was to wrap the presents, only the largest was a very odd shape. I considered many possibilities, none of which really would have worked.

Then inspiration struck.



The gift is the trunk. The arms are just decoration. (It's a rifle, if you can't tell.)

Then the accessories fell into place:



As I was making this one (below), I said, "This is a pretty sorry-looking lizard," and Elizabeth drew a smiley face on it so it wouldn't be sorry anymore.


The birthday boy says he didn't guess that they were presents. That was part of the goal. :)

I'm quite proud of how they turned out.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Jenn,
This is amazing! I love it:)

SusieQ said...

It WAS amazing. YOU'RE amazing! Thanks so much. I know Than had a great birthday, largely thanks to you guys!

Mellissa said...

That is so cool! I never would have thought of something like that. They look awesome.