Monday, July 4, 2011

Spring Break! Colorado

For Spring Break, we drove out to Colorado.



Hmmm...


Frozen waterfalls along the drive near Aspen:


I would never buy shrimp at a gas station. Never.


Pepsi Center!  Fond memories of this place:


We went to the Denver Aquarium, where I took a bunch of low-lit, fuzzy pictures.











For some reason these two pictures make me laugh:




Elizabeth made a friend:


Maybe the fish like her because they can relate to her:


I don't know why, but there were tigers at this particular aquarium:




And monkeys:




Jellyfish:


The kids each managed to pet a stingray:




In Colorado Springs we visited the Garden of the Gods, a little taste of home:


It was cold...


But beautiful.









The kids and I went to Manitou Springs, where you can climb around in the cliff dwellings.







Unfortunately they won't let you climb down into the kiva.


But just about everywhere else is free for exploration.










Where Angela is sitting is a sleeping area that accommodates a family of 5.






There was a ladder to climb up and view the second level of part of the dwellings. From that angle I could only get pictures like these:




We took a little family hike to--I'm not kidding--Helen Hunt Falls.


Being in this environment fed my soul.

The lower falls:


It's hard to see in this picture, but the water was flowing smoothly underneath a thick frozen layer of ice/snow:


More falls:


Having Daddy's help makes the kids feel safe:




We've had worse family pictures:


Taken the moment Angela tripped, just as my heart ceased beating (she was fine--she didn't fall down!):


I love this picture:

No comments: