Friday, October 24, 2008

Angela...

...can READ.

She is sounding out every word she sees and reading the books her sister brings home from kindergarten.

I don't know how we're going to fill the next TWO YEARS before she starts school. She will have no use for it when her turn finally comes.

But I love it. I can't wait for her to start reading chapter books (like her sister is doing already). I know she will get lost in the worlds open to her then.

So far, this is my favorite part of parenthood. The abundant love of literacy is wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TWO YEARS?? Try to get her in early. and if that doesn't work, then get her into a "private" school or home school. She is so eager to learn. What a sweetheart!! I can't wait till she reads to me and Granpa. :)
MOM

Missy said...

Congratulations, Angela! What a wonderful world reading makes. When they can read they can learn ANYTHING on their own. I just hope she's content enough to find her own work to do once she does start school!