Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What rhymes with "Nantucket"?

It's that time again,
Time to show our skills are mad:
Game night proves they are.

On Sunday night, Than, Susie, Mandy, Lance, and myself were in attendance.

For those unfamiliar with the creation of these masterpieces, let me explain. For game night, we usually get one piece of paper per person and write the first line of a haiku (5-7-5 syllables) or a limerick ("There was a young man from Japan," etc.), pass them on, write the second line of our neighbor's, and so on, until all the poems are finished. The results are usually clever and occasionally brilliant.

Here are the best poems, in my opinion, from our latest game night:

Limericks
It's a shame that "Mother's" went under
Buying all those shares was a blunder
My house has foreclosed
It might be bulldozed
And what sweets can console me, I wonder?

My roommate is wearing a dress
I think he's had too much stress
Brewskies galore
Now he's on the floor
And he looks kinda hot...but I digress.

Haikus
Sweet ringtones galore
And I found the perfect one:
"Ding-a-ling-a-ling!"

There's gold in them thar
Thick and sturdy molar teeth -
transplanted wisdom.

Big banking's fizzled
The subprime market's collapsed
Death comes unexpect--

2 comments:

Missy said...

I love your smarty-pants family! No wonder you're still so vibrant and brilliant with fun people around you who share a love for intellectual sport.

Cassie said...

I am very impressed with all of your creations and it sounds like a fun game to play!